Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God Crazy

I'm reading a book titled God Crazy. It focuses on joyful surrender-something that does not come so easily to me. And as I sit here to write this, I'm beginning to connect some dots in what the Lord is trying to teach me. Galations 6:9 says "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we ill reap if we do not grow weary." This was a verse from my Beth Moore study this week. Then I came across this quote from John Owen, "See in the meantime that your faith brings forth obedience, and God in due time will cause it to bring forth peace." What gets me is due time. What does that mean anyway? There's no ending in due time. There's nothing tangible about that. There's no answer to how long due time is. Frustrating, right? Well, it is to me. I like to plan. I like to know the answers. I like to know what the next step is. I don't like surprises. I don't like not knowing. Let's face it. I like to be in control.

So what does joyful surrender look like? What will it look like in my life? At this point, I'm not too sure. I just know it's where God is taking me. It will be a daily struggle. Something I'm not going to like. Something that is going to be hard.  But I have a feeling that reaping a harvest of surrender will produce so much more than what I could produce through my own limited capabilities. His ways are not my ways nor are His thoughs my thoughts. I have a feeling this is going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment