Monday, February 7, 2011

A Week In Pictures

Because I love you...
Because I want you to see how adorable the kids are...
Because we had a great week...
Here are pictures to show you what we've been up to!

We, Amanda another volunteer, took two girls to get their hair did! Above is Jemima looking a little scared about what's about to happen.

This is Susan being so wonderful. We thought she'd cry or be scared, but she slept through half of it!

To hold the ends together they burn them! Amanda and I prayed really hard that sweet Susan would sit still so her face wouldn't get burned. All went well!

The girls were entertained for about 10 minutes at a time with Disney movies and games.

The finished product! Susan was over sitting still by this point-so cute though :)

This is Charlie sporting a little TN love! And I didn't even bring the shirt-it was already here. Charlie taught me that ice cream is better when eaten through a straw after its all melted. Silly boy wouldn't eat it out of a spoon!
Emily on the other had licked her bowl clean! Yummy Yummy!


25 Kids + a huge bonfire + smores = a really fun, slightly stressful night. This is Deborah ready to go!
Little diva :) She posed like this when I told her I wanted to take her picture :)
Henry wasn't too sure what to think of the sticky mess.
Me and my girl Zurita!
Sweet Emily!
Yep, I sure do get to see this sweet smile everyday along with 24 others. I'm a really blessed girl!
On Friday, we took the kids on a boat ride. (Sorry about the smudge on the photo-there was something on my lens)

Little did we know that it was going to be a Gilligan's Island style boat ride. All went well though-the kids had fun and so did I!



This is where Lake Victoria turns into the Nile River-it's called the Source of the Nile. If you float for 90 days you will reach the Mediterranean.


Well that's about all for the week. I'm gonna try and be better about updating more often and keep you more informed of what's going on here. Things are really good. My days are really busy and at the end of the day I'm very ready for bed. Thanks so much for your prayers and sweet notes this week. The support and encouragement is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pics!!! the kids are so fun to see, and so adorable! praying for you, girl!

    ReplyDelete