Sunday, March 6, 2011

Learning and Learning

So it's been a really good but long week and I have lots of pictures that I want to share with you. Some are recent and some from a while ago.

Valentines Day!!! We had so much fun celebrating and making fun heart crafts with the kiddos. In preschool, I've been going through the alphabet with the kids and teaching them how to write their letters and names. It was a bonus that we talked about the letter L for love on Valentines :)

This week I got to go to Kampala twice with the adoptive families that are here. It was a wonderful experience to see how adoptions work in country and go to court with the prospective parents. I will forever be grateful after this experience for the way our court system works. We had to go twice because the first day, the officials decided to send the judge appointed to our cases to another location and the judge that was there couldn't see us. So after a 2.5 hr drive and about a 1.5 hr wait with 4 kids, we were back on our way to Jinja. We turned around and went back the next day and the judge heard all the cases. All the families passed! Sweet Luke (above with his mama) will be moving to Nashville in about 6 weeks with his new family. How incredible that I'll get to continue to be part of his life!

Enjoying a celebratory lunch with the new families. It's amazing how God brings families together and watching His plan for these children's lives unfold before me is unbelievable.  That he would allow me a glimpse into His heart is incredible humbling. Welcome to your forever families Luke, Katie, Nathan and Isabella!
Princess Debra (yes, that is what the other kids say she is!) during preschool

Benja working hard on practicing his letter Y 

Sorting by shapes and colors. Who knew learning could be so much fun?!?

The toddlers reading stories. The boys all go haircuts this week and now they all have bald heads :(

I love this little girl

Auntie Maggie made head wreaths for the kids during playtime. Beautiful Jemima is showing hers off.

Preschool has been so much fun! I knew that I loved it from teaching it before during the summers when I was in college, and this has been no different. I love watching their little brains try to figure things out and how proud of themselves they are when they do. Their writing skills have improved dramatically and I even have a few that are beginning to write their names on their own. They are not the only ones what are proud! I can't believe that my time here is almost over. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! 


No comments:

Post a Comment