Thursday, March 24, 2011

What to Say?

I don't even know where to start! I'm sitting in the Amsterdam airport thinking about all the sweet children that are getting ready to eat lunch. Saying goodbye was so difficult. I did not just want to spring it on the kids that I was leaving yesterday so a day or so ago I started talking about the fact that I was leaving, which meant I wasn't going to be there when they woke up from their naps and it was my last day to teach preshool. Katie, the oldest girl continually made me laugh and cry my last day at Amani. She would look at me with such a serious expression and our conversation would go something like this (keep in mind we had it at least 10 times)

Katie: Auntie, you fly in airplane?
Me: Yes, I'm going in an airplane.
Katie: You fly like a bird? You won't fall out of sky, no?
Me: No, Katie I won't fall out of the sky.
Katie: Auntie Kallie (cause none of them said my name right) you miss us? You cry in the airplane?

All I could do was nod my head-because yes I miss them and yes I cried and I have tears in my eyes as I type this. Those precious children have a place in my heart forever and I keep thinking that if I love them as much as I do and care about their needs and their futres, how much must the Lord care for them? I am humbled and amazed by the constant realization of His love for his children-for me-each time I saw their sweet smiles, heard them laugh, and asked for 10 hugs and kisses before bedtime.

Just as the children long to be held and loved (and I gladly did it), the Father longs for that so much more from me. He wants me to run to him and say "Daddy-hugs!"  He has been teaching me that my source of comfort is in Him alone. My first instinct needs to be to run to His open arms and climb up into His lap and find all my heart longs for there-in His sweet embrace. Yes, family and friends to talk with are great, but He is so much greater. I feel like this is something that I have known in my head in the past, but now my heart knows-and it is sweet :)

Well those were the thoughts that came as I was thinking about my last few days, but here are the faces that are occupying more of my brain right now...

My two girls-Katie and Siouxanne-love them both dearly. Pray for Katie as she will be travling home to her forver family in just a few weeks!!

 Jonah and his pj pants that were just a little too big :)

Brian just forgot to say cheese...haha!

Kisses for my sweet Zurita

Maggie and Princess Debra-good thing Maggie lives in Nashille and we'll get to keep hanging out when she comes home with her family in May!!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment